Frequently Asked Questions?
Dai-ichi Life started in Japan and now has subsidiaries in the USA, Australia, New Zealand, Vietnam, India, Indonesia, Thailand, Cambodia, and Myanmar.
Please contact our Customer Service Hotline +95 97 7880 7000
Dai-ichi DSR Yan Pone Ngwe is a special fund set up to provide additional financial support in the event our customers pass away due to COVID-19.
The beneficiary will receive additional benefit three million Myanmar Kyats upon death due to Covid-19 infection of life insured.
Dai-ichi Life will fund additional payout to you and your immediate family members for COVID-19 risks. This benefit is payable on death of Life Insurer due to COVID-19 infection.
Many situations can be unpredictable; you are never sure what life has in store for you. It is therefore important that you do not leave anything to chance, especially financial planning for your loved one. Life insurance is a tool to safeguard against financial hardship when an untoward incident occurs, regardless off its death or disability or a major illness. It’s better to secure your life at the earliest.
Life insurance can be started from any age even as a child. Starting a life insurance plan early is always beneficial. Life’s uncertainty is applicable to all regardless of age.
Life insurance is an important way to ensure your family and dependents are not left with financial hardship when unexpected events occur to you whether its death or a disability or diagnosis of a major illness. It also provides peace of mind that any debts, including a mortgage, can be paid off and the education costs for children will be taken care of. Furthermore, life insurance helps maintain the standard of living enjoyed by your family even if something happens unexpectedly. Life Insurance also becomes a saving tool if nothing happens and becomes a wealth accumulation plan.
Life insurance offers numerous benefits that provide financial security and peace of mind for you and your loved ones. It protects one from life’s uncertainty and also acts as a savings tool at the same time, if the life insured is healthy and survives the insured period. Additionally, it provides income tax relief and serves as a financial guarantee.
According to the insurance policy, a formal legal guardian can purchase life insurance for those who are within the specified age limit for the purchase of life insurance.
Claimants can notify the claim to Dai-ichi Life Insurance Myanmar by following channels.
- Call us at our hotline number.
- E-mail us at
- Visit Dai-ichi Sales Office at Esperado Tower or the Dai-ichi Life Experience Centre (DLEC) at Sule Square Office Tower.
- Agent/Financial Advisor, if a more personalized approach is preferred.
For all types of claims
- Duly completed ‘Claim Request Form’
- Original Life Insurance Certificate (and Rider endorsement letter for rider benefits)
- Other supportive documents (if required)
For Death benefit
- Copy of Death Certificate or original Autopsy report
For Total and Permanent Disability (TPD) benefit
- Confirmation Letter and Medical Reports/treatment records about Total Permanent Disability issued by registered hospital or competent authority.
For Critical Illness benefit/ Active Care benefit/ Health Care benefit (For reimbursement benefit) – as relevant
- Statement of attending doctor (physician/surgeon or relevant specialist)
- Recommendation letter of specialist doctor(s) who treated (or) Ward-in-charge professor from which Life Insured was admitted.
- Confirmation Letter/medical documents by hospital, clinic, laboratory, or a competent authority, as the case may be (if relevant)
- Original medical bills (for reimbursement benefit)
To know more about claims process, please go to Claims.